It is anticipated that developments in the urban grocery retail supply chain infrastructure will intensify in the coming years. Last mile logistics is regarded as a battlefield for food supply chain operators, and the use of digital technologies can be a competitive weapon in the arsenal of food supply chain members.
Based on recent research by Professor Michael Bourlakis, Cranfield University, and interviews with industry experts:
- Guido Schierhofer, Supply Chain Director, Intersnack SE
- Gabriel Thomsen, Global Customer Service & Logistics, Heineken
- Michel Haenen, Sales Director, Transporeon
- Gerry Daalhuisen, Tribe Lead Dock Scheduling & Yard Management, Transporeon
- Neil Ashworth, Non-Executive Director and Expert in Retail Logistics
The report casts light on major trends emerging in grocery retail transport logistics: Digitalisation & Consumer-led Innovations, Real Time Data Visibility, Warehouse and Last Mile Logistics, and From Competition and Disintermediation to Sustainable Collaboration.